Special College of Retirement Living Program
You and Your Aging Parents: A Family Approach to Lifelong Health, Wellness & Care
Session 1 brings together authors and experts who will help families understand the changes aging brings to their lives. Session 2 will help educate them with information and tools to help plan for lifelong health, wellness and care. Anyone who purchases a ticket can bring a family member or loved one for no additional charge.
SESSION 1: Acknowledging the Change
Learn about how the aging process is affecting the lives of your parents, family members or loved ones. Gain the information available to support them in their decisions about health care and housing needs that will be required as they age.
Presented by Ellen Goodman, Pulitzer Prize-winning Boston Globe columnist and The Conversation Project™ cofounder.
Joining Ellen Goodman is a panel of Hebrew SeniorLife health care and geriatric experts:
• Rob Schreiber, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Hebrew SeniorLife, Instructor of Medicine Harvard Medical School
• Ruth Kandel, MD, Geriatrician, Hebrew SeniorLife, Assistant Professor of Medicine Harvard Medical School
• Emily Saltz, LICSW, CMC, Founder & Director, Elder Resources, Boston
Sunday, October 14, 11 am - 1 pm
NewBridge on the Charles, 5000 Great Meadow Road, Dedham, MA 02026
SESSION 2: What Do We Do Now?
Learn how to have the necessary conversations about life’s major transitions and decisions. Understand the options for housing and health care to help your parents and loved ones determine what’s right for them.
Presented by Jane Gross, Founder of New York Times blog “The New Old Age” and author of “The Bittersweet Season: Caring for Our Aging Parents—and Ourselves”
Joining Jane Gross is a panel of Hebrew SeniorLife health care and geriatric experts:
• Jennifer Rhodes-Kropf, MD, Geriatrician, Hebrew SeniorLife Assistant Professor of Medicine Harvard Medical School, Center Communities of Brookline Medical Director
• Tara Fleming Caruso, MA, LMHC, Marketing Manager, Hebrew SeniorLife, NewBridge on the Charles Assisted Living
• Patricia O’Brien, MBA, MS, RN, Executive Director, Hebrew SeniorLife Home Health
• Rachel Lerner, JD, General Counsel & Chief Compliance, Officer, Hebrew SeniorLife
Sunday, October 21, 11 am - 1 pm
Orchard Cove, One Del Pond Drive, Canton, MA 02021